Web Developer (Contractor) June 2013 - Present
- Design, develop and maintain multiple e-commerce websites using a combination of native PHP, CodeIgniter, and proprietary e-commerce storefront markup templating-engines and languages.
- Improve SEO aspects of existing websites and plan correct implementation of SEO aspects of new websites.
- Develop and maintain scheduled cron scripts to update inventory, pricing, images and other information across multiple websites.
Star Nine Ventures
Jr. Web Developer (Contractor) July 2012 - April 2013
- Develop, update and maintain multiple websites and data collection scripts on a LAMP stack using CodeIgniter and ExpressionEngine.
- Help perform search engine optimization (SEO) updates to websites.
- Perform quality assurance and testing of back-end data collection scripts.
Texas State University-San Marcos, Engineering Technology Department
Graduate Assistant (Java Developer) January 2010 - January 2011
Student Worker (Ontology Engineering) January 2011 - June 2012
- Design, implement and maintain multiple Java applications based upon project requirements.
- Perform research with Dr. Farhad Ameri in the development of technologies for information storage and retrieval within the manufacturing domain.
- Help develop ontologies for use in semantic web and matchmaking research.
- Design and implement a prototype of a web-based manufacturing marketplace using Groovy on Grails that integrated exisiting Java code.
- Work with multiple Java APIs including the OWL API, Pellet, the JADE Agent Framework, and iText PDF API.
Texas State University-San Marcos, Computer Science Department June 2006 - May 2008
Student Worker (Web Developer & Server Administrator Assistant)
- Maintain departmental web sites for the Computer Science Department and the College of Science using HTML and PHP on a Linux server running Apache and MySQL.
- Design and implement new databases and user interfaces for use by CS department staff and faculty for maintaining and tracking information about CS students.
- Built web servers for faculty and a backup web server for the department including installation of Linux operating systems, Apache and MySQL software, and configuring the server.
Technical Support Representative July 2006 - November 2006
- Answered inbound phone calls from customers of multiple ISPs.
- Troubleshooting both DSL and dial-up connectivity issues.
- Walked customers through performing new Internet connection procedures, setup of E-Mail clients, and to resolve issues with web browsers and operating systems.
Texas State University-San Marcos
Master's of Science Degree, Software Engineering (05/2012) GPA: 3.64
Bachelor's of Science Degree, Computer Science (05/2008) GPA: 3.80
Organizations & Awards:
- Associated Student Government, House of Graduate Representatives (08/2010 - 05/2012)
- Joint Legislative Finance Committee (01/2011 - 05/2012)
- Governing Documents Committee (08/2011 - 12/2011)
- Graduate House Secretary (06/2011 - 05/2012)
- Outstanding ASG Member (Awarded 05/2011)
- Texas State International Research Conference Moderator (November 2011)
- Engineering Technology Department Research Award (Spring 2011)
- Nominated for Student Worker of the Year (Spring 2008)
- Texas State Brightest Star (Spring 2007 & 2008)
- Dean's List (fall 2006, Spring 2007, Fall 2007, Spring 2008)
- Computer Science Department Oustanding Service Award (Spring 2007 & 2008)
- Computer Science Department Research Excellence Award (Spring 2008)
- Computer Science Department Undergraduate Academic Excellence Award (Spring 2008)
- Computer Science Department Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award (Spring 2008)
Competed in IBM's "Master the Mainframe" contest: Fall 2006, Fall 2007, Fall 2008, Fall 2010, and Fall 2011.
- Winner Part 1: Fall 2006, Fall 2007, Fall 2008, Fall 2010, Fall 2011
- Winner Part 2: Fall 2007, Fall 2008, Fall 2011
- 5th Place overall on Part 3 in Fall 2006; 4th Place overall on Part 3 in Fall 2007; and an Honorable Mention on Part 3 in Fall 2008, Fall 2010 and Fall 2011.
The contest focuses on administering and programming for an IBM System z mainframe running z/OS. Challenges consisted of writing, debugging, compiling and running programs in COBOL, C, JAVA, REXX, and Assembler with JCL scripts. Modified and created programs to access VSAM and DB2 databases via Java JDBC and CICS interfaces.
- Christian McArthur, Farhad Ameri: "An Ontological Approach to Manufacturing Supplier Discovery." Texas Academy of Sciences. March 4, 2011. Austin, TX. (Abstract .pdf)
- Christian McArthur, Farhad Ameri: "An Ontological Approach to Manufacturing Supplier Discovery." Texas State International Research Conference. November 4, 2010. San Marcos, TX. (Abstract .pdf)
- Invited Speaker. "Mainframes in Today's World: Persepctives from a Young Mainframer." West Texas A&M. December 3, 2008. (Presentation .pdf)
- Panelist. "Head of the Class: Professors' Perspectives on Mainframe Education." SHARE Summer 2008. August 12, 2008. San Jose, CA.
- Christian McArthur, Mina Guirguis: "Stealthy IP Prefix Hijacking: Don't Bite Off More Than You Can Chew." Texas Academy of Science. March 7, 2008. Awarded "Best Session Abstract."
- Farhad Ameri, Christian McArthur, A Multi-Agent System for Autonomous Supply Chain Configuration, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 66, pp 1097-1112, May 2013.
- Farhad Ameri, Christian McArthur, Colin Urbanovsky, A Systematic Approach to Engineering Knowledge Organization and Modeling, ASME DETC Computers and Information in Engineering (CIE) Conference, Chicago, IL, August 2012, Paper No. DETC2012-71189.
- Farhad Ameri, Christian McArthur, Colin Urbanovsky, A Systematic Approach to Developing Ontologies for Manufacturing Service Modeling, Ontology and Semantic Web for Manufacturing (OSEMA) workshop, 7th International Conference on Formal Ontology in Information Systems (FOIS 2012), Graz, Austria, July 2012.
- Farhad Ameri, Christian McArthur, Colin Urbanovsky, A Methodology for Developing Manufacturing Capability Ontologies, ASME 11th Biennial Conference on Engineering Systems Design and Analysis, ESDA2012, July 2-4, 2012, Nantes, France, Paper No: ESDA2012-82694.
- Farhad Ameri, Christian McArthur, Agent-based System for Supply Chain Configuration, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 62, pp 1-16, July 2012.
- Farhad Ameri, Christian McArthur, An Agent-based System for Autonomous Configuration of Agile Supply Chains, 4th Intenational Conference on Information Systems, Logistics, and Supply Chain (ILS 2010), Quebec, Canada, August 26-29, 2012.
- Farhad Ameri, Christian McArthur. An Experimental Evaluation of a Rule-Based Approach to Manufacturing Supplier Discovery in Distributed Envornments. ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences (IDETC). Washington DC. August 2011. Paper No. DETC2011-47768. (pdf)
- Farhad Ameri, Christian McArthur. Knowledge Representation for Supplier Discovery in Distributed Manufacturing. International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED). Technical University of Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark. August 2011. (pdf)
- Farhad Ameri, Christian McArthur, Bahram Asiabanpour, Mohammad Hayasi. A Web-based Framework for Semantic Supplier Discovery for Discrete Part Mamufacturing. NAMRI/SME Transaction. Accepted March 2011
- Farhad Ameri, Christian McArthur, Bahram Asiabanpour, Mohammad Hayasi. A Web-based Framework for Semantic Supplier Discovery for Discrete Part Mamufacturing. SME North American Manufacturing Research Conference. Carvallis, Oregon. June 2011. Paper No: NAMRC39-4774. (pdf)
- Farhad Ameri and Christian McArthur. An Ontological Approach to Manufacturing Supplier Discovery in Virtual Markets. ASME Design Engineering Technical Conference. Montreal, Quebec, Canada. August 2010. Paper No. DETC2010-28179. (pdf)
- Christian McArthur, Mina Guirguis. Stealthy IP Prefix Hijacking: Don't Bite Off More Than You Can Chew. GLOBECOM 2009: 1-6 (pdf)
Groovy on Grails
C / C++
CVS / SVN / Git
SpringSource Tool Suite